Welcome, Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.

Look HERE I reviewed Poison Study By: Maria V. Snyder

Friday, September 3, 2010

Blood Feud By: Alyxandra Harvey Book Review

The action and romance continue as the Drakes face a new vampire with a 200-year-old grudge. It’s been centuries since Isabeau St. Croix barely survived the French Revolution. Now she’s made her way back to the living and she must face the ultimate test by confronting the evil British lord who left her for dead the day she turned into a vampire. That’s if she can control her affection for Logan Drake, a vampire whose bite is as sweet as the revenge she seeks.

The clans are gathering for Helena’s royal coronation as the next vampire queen, and new alliances are beginning to form now that the old rifts of Lady Natasha’s reign have started to heal. But with a new common enemy, Leander Montmarte—a vicious leader who hopes to force Solange to marry him and usurp the power of the throne for himself—the clans must stand together to preserve the peace he threatens to destroy.

This second adventure in the Drake Chronicles—told from both Logan’s and Isabeau’s perspectives—has all the same butt-kicking action, heart-pounding romances and snarky humor that readers loved in Hearts at Stake, as well as exciting new revelations about the vampire dynasties to keep readers coming back for more.
(Summary Thanks to Goodreads)

     Yet another exciting installment in the Drake Chronicles. Much to my dismay I was sad that in Blood Feud we would be reading Luke and Isabeau. Solange and her best friend Lucy were my favorites, I had grown so attached to their point of view (POV). That I wasn't excited to view things as Isabeau and Luke. I was excited for yet another view into the Drake world,  but again sad about Lucy and Solange. Let me just tell you when their were mentions of Nicholas and Lucy I did get excited!! SO lets get on to it. 

     Isabeau and Luke are here to stay both from different places and brought up differently. One royalty, and the other a hound. If you have read the first in the series then you realize a hound is low (vampire wise). They live in the caves and relate to dogs. When getting to know these characters we get three POV's two of one character and one of the other (those people being Isabeau, Logan). Isabeau getting two POV's (sounds confusing but let me explain). Isabeau; we get to see past and present and see how she became! Unlike Luke and the Drakes, Isabeau was made, and not pleasantly might I add. Life seems Handy Dandy. Don't be fooled. If the Drakes are back then Solange's world renown "Stalker" comes too. As always Mortimer has a plan to court Solange and take the thrown. To do that Mortimer must face some hurtles. Mortimer is evil but don't be fooled much more evil is coming to the Drakes even the Hounds are faced withe the evil that is lurking through the night. Doesn't that tweak you fancy. The story begin with Isabeau and her past.

     Alyxandra Harvey did a spectacular job at delivering yet another beautifully written installments in the Drake Chronicles. As always the characters were well thought out well deliver with great imagination behind them. The character were believable and as I stated in my review of Hearts at Stake there were times where I was feeling what they were suppose to be feeling (sounds confusing but I hope you understand). Let me tell you as the book progressed I found myself thinking I knew what the ending was going to be like, I thought I knew who was behind all the mayhem. As I said don't be fooled and as always when dealing with vampires keep your eyes open. I adore this cover might be my favorite of all even after seeing the new cover for the third installment Out for Blood. Mrs. Harvey had great transition in between her characters POV's. I really like the extra point of view Isabeau had, and seeing how difficult her life was before and realizing who she is because of her past.
Be sure to pick up Hearts at Stake the first in the series I promise you will not regret it and once done that one then Blood Feud is a great follow up.

My Blurb for this Novel:  "The best seconds I have had in a while. Beautifully written, sarcastic, and funny Romeo and Juliet vampire love story. I adore from the first page til the last." 

Series Order:
1. Hearts at Stake (Review Here)
2. Blood Feud (Review, your reading it)
3. Out for Blood (Book Release: Nov 2010)

I Would Personally Rate this Book:

5555 
Happy Reading






1 comments:

Unknown said...

great review hon!

I bought and the first one recently, hope to read them soon =))

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Due to large amounts of spam, comments will now be monitored. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comments will be publish as soon as possible.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails