Welcome, Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.

Look HERE I reviewed Poison Study By: Maria V. Snyder

Saturday, February 6, 2010

City of Bones

Clary a 16 year old girl who has the best friend Simon, a down to earth artist mom, and Luke a family friend who has been like Clary’s father figure since her father died before she was born. Clary lived a basic life until one of her adventures to Pandemonium a club with Simon Clary witnesses a teen boy being murdered by 3 teens. After that day Clary’s life gets twisted and pulled she doesn't know what to believe and what is the truth!

I have to say thank you to Cassandra Clare for a big bang start to the book. The book that just kept giving! She described the characters so well that helped me visualize them in depth as the book went on. I have to agree with the reviewers that said City of Bones is almost like Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV series). I also liked that my favourite fantasy characters were all added into one bundle of joy such as; Vamps, Weres, Pixies, etc... Even though there weren’t any Edwards, Eriks, or Dimitri’s there was Jace!! Why is it that someone so rude, inconsiderate, and full of them selves are so hot, charming, and mysterious? In this book there are a lot of twist and turns and also a lot of action. For example this book is not only based on one major fighting scene that it takes the whole book to read to get it. There is never a dull moment its action after action after action!!! I think every book should have a Romeo and Juliet love story (other then the fact that they die!). The love story in this book is great it’s also very unpredictable except we all are expecting the unexpected (because from previous experience we know something is up.) Sometimes don’t you wish the love story stayed happy, but then I remember that there would be no story if there weren’t tragic endings. Anyways… Clary, Clary, Clary why are you so indecisive? Why do all books make us girls, women, ladies all seem indecisive and major heart breakers (I have to admit I can sometime be indecisive but to a certain extent NOT TO THIS POINT..COUGH..CLARY.. COUGH) but would you buy a book with no story and drama. We just have to remind ourselves it can’t always be blue skies, candy drops, and flowers!
    Onto bad guys why is it that every time I read more young adult fictions the evil villain just gets worse and worse, or at least they get crueller. Well this one is just plain cruel even if we still do not know what he’s trying to achieve. By the way you will notice I hate the “Unknown” it drives me mad!!! For warning you guys.This book was recommended to me by my godmother and I doubted the book until I actually purchased it on sale at a local book seller. I gave it a try and know I’m so hooked! I can not wait to read City of Ashes.


Series Order:
1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of Glass

I would Personally Rate this Novel:

55555

Happy Reading!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Due to large amounts of spam, comments will now be monitored. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comments will be publish as soon as possible.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails