Welcome, Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.

Look HERE I reviewed Poison Study By: Maria V. Snyder

Saturday, August 28, 2010

If You Haven't Seen Already!! Updates (Covers, Excerpts, and Book Descriptions)

Thanks to Alyxandra Harvey's Blog I have found the Out for Blood cover and the description. I was dying for this information. I adore the Drake Chronicles. So if you haven't seen here it is:


Hunter Wild is the youngest in a long line of elite vampire hunters, a legacy that is both a blessing and a curse at the secret Helios-Ra Academy,where she excels at just about everything.
Thanks to her friendship with Kieran Black, Hunter receives a special invitation to attend the coronation of Helena Drake, and for the first time, she sees the difference between vampires that must be hunted and vampires that can become friends—or even more.
When students at the academy fall victim to a mysterious illness, Hunter suspects they are under attack from within. She will need someone she can trust to help her save the future of Helios-Ra . . . help that shockingly comes in the form of Quinn Drake, a drop-dead gorgeous vampire.
Who said senior year would be easy?
(Summary Thanks to Alyxandra Harvey's Blog)

I for one like this cover its eye catching but yet another beautiful couple. This description makes me almost cry. May you ask why I would cry?? Cry because its release is soo far. If you haven't already read any books in this series then check out my reviews. I will include links below.

1. Hearts at Stake (Goodreads)
2. Blood Feud (review soon to come) (Goodreads)
3. Out for Blood (Goodreads) Release Nov. 2010

I still don't know if this is the final cover but for now I shall long for this book.

Next we have the Iron Queen By: Julie Kagawa on her blog she has posted an excert to her next book the third in her Iron Fey series. Also what she persumes is the final cover. So if you haven't already heard here we are:







Ash strode to a nearby rock, swooped down, and tossed me a long, slightly curved stick. When I caught it, I saw that it was actually a leather sheath with a gilded brass hilt poking from the top. A sword. Ash was giving me a sword … why?
Oh, yeah. Because I wanted to learn to fight. Because I’d asked him to teach me.

Ash, watching me with that weary, knowing look on his face, shook his head. “You forgot, did you?”

“Nooooo,” I said quickly. “I just … didn’t think it would be this soon.”

“This is the perfect place.” Ash turned slightly to gaze around the clearing. “Quiet, hidden. We can catch our breath here. It’s a good place to learn while you’re waiting for your father to come out of it. When we’re done here, I have a feeling things will get much more chaotic.” He gestured to the sword in my hand. “Your first lesson begins now. Draw your sword.”

I did. Unsheathing it sent a raspy shiver across the glen, and I gazed at the weapon in fascination. The blade was thin and slightly curved, an elegant looking weapon, razor sharp and deadly. A warning tickled the back of my mind. There was something about the blade that was … different. Blinking, I ran my fingers along the cool, gleaming edge, and a chill shot through my stomach.

The blade was made of steel. Not faery steel. Not a fey sword covered in glamour. Real, ordinary iron. The kind that would burn faery flesh and sear away glamour. The kind that left wounds impossible to heal.

I gaped at it, then at Ash, who looked remarkably calm to be facing his greatest weakness. “This is steel,” I told him, sure that Leanansidhe had made a mistake.
(For the rest of the Excerpt head over to Julie Kagawa Blog)

1. Iron King (Goodreads)
2. Iron Daughter (Goodreads)
2. Iron Queen (Goodreads) Release Feb 2011

Isn't the cover so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Eye catching I think it might be my favorite of them all. Even though I have yet to read the series. A lot of my fellow bloggers have raved about this series and I believe them so check out the series. Enjoy guys!!!

Happy Reading Guys


5 comments:

Darlyn said...

Thanks for the heads up!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

love the first cover! i haven't read either of these series

Kelly Peres said...

Darlyn- No Problem!! Its always a pleasure!!!

Carrie- Me to!! I dunno if its because is beautiful or if its because I'm dying to read the book!! Oh if you like Vampire Novels then this is awesome!! Thanks for stopping by!! :)

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

I love both of these covers. I haven't read the Iron series yet, but I find the series covers particularly striking!

Unknown said...

The Iron Queen cover looks amazing!!! =)))

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Due to large amounts of spam, comments will now be monitored. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comments will be publish as soon as possible.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails