Welcome, Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.

Look HERE I reviewed Poison Study By: Maria V. Snyder

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shiver By: Maggie Stiefvater Book Review


For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human ... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever. (Summary Thanks to GoodRead)


I have to say sorry to my fellow bloggers for ever doubting that I would like this book, even be addicted. But the truth is I Kelly am Addicted. Now that, thats off my shoulders lets get on to the review for this book.

Maggie Stiefvater has such smooth writing and the story is every easy to follow but the truth is that this novel is a Romance and mostly that. It being a Romance is actually one reason I was very unsure of reading it, because for the last year or so I have been on Strike for Romance and Chic Lit, but lately I have let some books slip in. This book is a must read for those of you who like Werewolves, and Romance Novels.

The characters were nicely chosen, very believable like this storyline and character could be the girl or boy beside you on the bus (that is if you live near forest, I know I personally don't). The only thing not believable is the love story how Grace know she loves him without knowing him personally (she knew the wolf). 

Ok Maggie Stiefvaters writing was really good. The transition between POV were smooth. I have one thing to admit!! I only after like 150 pages in did I understand that the temperature at the beginning of each chapter due to change of temperature and the change. I know I'm sometimes slow. In the end I am yet again addicted to another series. I beg anyone who owns Linger (please, please let me borrow it, I can't wait). If you are looking for a good Paranormal Romance, and like Young Adult fiction then definitely pick this book up!! I adore the cover of this book (UK COVER that is). I will also only purchasing the UK cover to Linger as well. I like them, Let me know what cover you prefer?? (UK or US).


I Would Personally Rate this Novel: 

5



== Hey guys hope you have already entered my Library loot Contest 4 awesome reviews and 4 awesome prizes (books include are: Hearts at Stake, Sucks to be me, The Gryphon Project, and Hunger Games). So hurry and enter contests end May 28 so Click HERE for more details and good Luck.==

Happy Reading Guys (P.S. Don't forget leave a comment!! I adore hearing from you guys!! Tell me what you expect or thought of the book)


Kelly P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happened to stumble upon your blog and I agree with you. This book was wonderful! I happened to read this book last summer. Yet every time I opened it, it was so easy to slip into a winter mood. It made me really want snow to start falling.

The thing that grabbed my attention about this book was the wolf thing (im kinda obsessed :) and believe it or not, the title also grabbed my attention. Maybe it was the fact that its in such an elegant type font and it has a sorta minimalist artistry about it. Either way, that one word seems to reverberate after its said.

I love books with one little quirky feature that makes them memorable so the temperature-chapter thing did it for me. The storyline was very original (which was a pleasant surprise since Ive read sooo many wolf-romance books.)

You can tell you're getting into a book when you start yelling at the characters in your head like your with your girl friends watching some cheesy horror flick. This is exactly what I was doing every time Grace walked outside to get close to the wolves. "Hey HEY! Don't get closer! What are you insane?! They're wolves, they'll rip yo' face off!' XD

Haha well anyway. Im just glad you enjoyed the book as much as I did and your review was spot-on.

-- Silverwing2822

Anonymous said...

Oh. One more thing. Im Team UK for the cover. The contrast is just so much more eye-catching! :D

-- Silverwing2822

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Due to large amounts of spam, comments will now be monitored. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comments will be publish as soon as possible.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails