Welcome, Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy.

Look HERE I reviewed Poison Study By: Maria V. Snyder

Monday, February 14, 2011

Elixir By: Hilary Duff Book Review


Clea Raymond has felt the glare of the spotlight her entire life. The daughter of a renowned surgeon and a prominent Washington DC politician, she has grown to be a talented photojournalist who takes refuge in a career that allows her to travel to the most exotic parts of the world. But after Clea’s father disappears while on a humanitarian mission, Clea’s photos begin to feature eerie, shadowy images of a strange and beautiful man—a man she has never seen before.

When fate brings Clea and this man together, she is stunned by the immediate and powerful connection she feels with him. As they grow closer, they are drawn deep into the mystery behind her father’s disappearance, and they discover the centuries old truth behind their intense bond. Torn by a dangerous love triangle and haunted by a powerful secret that holds their fates, together they race against time to unravel their pasts in order to save their lives—and their futures.
(Summary Thanks to Goodreads.com)

When I found out that Hilary Duff wrote an novel I was intrigued. Once I finally read the description I was so pumped to read it. So I finally picked it up and I was flipping pages and loving it. It only took me a couple of days to finish and I was dumbstruck by the ending. I shall explain. This is one of the reasons it took me a while to rate this novel, because the beginning I would have rated one thing and then ending another. 

I was so surprised that Hilary Duff (with help) could develop a book with so much potential. I adore the idea to a new Paranormal. I liked the characters, my favorite had to be the Protagonist Clea, she wasn't that oblivious girl who sometimes got on my nerves. I liked her from the first pages. I also like Rayna she actually reminded me of me (lol). I adore her friendship with Clea the reason is, because I could relate me and my best friend are that close.  I loved how mysterious Sage and Ben were it was like we thought we knew them, but we don't. The description in the novel were good, there were parts where I could picture what was happening, but then there were times where I had to stop and think.

If you asked if I like the book before the ending I would have said hell yeah. Once I read the ending, it ruined my overall judgement of the overall book. This book was a quick read. I think with time Hilary Duff will be an awesome add to the Young Adult Paranormal Authors. I love the cover. This picture doesn't do any justice to what the book looks like in person. It's has a matte finish. I would recommend giving it a try, but just be prepared for the ending. I don't know for sure if there is a sequel in this book, but with that ending I do see the possibility. 

My Blurb for this Novel: "This book had some awesome potential. Great beginning, but not so good Cliffhanger ending. I did really enjoy the book, and love the new add to Paranormal Characters."

555.5
Happy Reading
 

1 comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Due to large amounts of spam, comments will now be monitored. Sorry for the inconvenience. Comments will be publish as soon as possible.

Linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails